Blackpool North and Cleveleys
There are 12 volunteers here.
Recent activity in Blackpool North and Cleveleys
Steve completed Ask your candidates to answer our survey May 04
Darren completed Ask your candidates to answer our survey Apr 29
Darren started Photograph an election leaflet Apr 29
Bill completed Photograph an election leaflet Apr 26
Bill posted a leaflet on TheStraightChoice Apr 26
Bill completed Ask your candidates to answer our survey Apr 26
Bill posted a leaflet on TheStraightChoice Apr 21
MARIA started Ask your candidates to answer our survey Apr 21
Bill posted a leaflet on TheStraightChoice Apr 19
Bill started Hunt candidate contact details Apr 07
Local issues in Blackpool North and Cleveleys
We're collecting local issues in Blackpool North and Cleveleys. Some of these have been turned into questions to put to the candidates standing at the 2010 general election in the form of a questionnaire.
Issues are no longer being turned into questions, but we still want them! A good local issue will be about a problem of local relevance, possibly suggesting how something should have been/be done.
- There are too many immigrants in the local work market. (source)
- The dangers of storing gas in the Wyre area (source)
- Decent Homes (source)
- The re-generation of Blackpool (source)
- Recent service cuts in bus services are causing severe problems for people having to travel during off peak periods.
- Manifesto for BlackpoolConservative (source)
- £188m college plans lie in ruins (source)
- poor NHS record and slow treatment for veterans on medical pension
- BLACKPOOL LABOUR GROUP (source)
- St. Johns Square will become traffic free after the council a 4.5 million revamp which kept it as a bus route so is unsure who is at fault for this mess up (source)
- there is a forcing of candidates to be female and undue censorship. (source)
- The gas reservoir is essential for the area (source)
Local questions for candidate questionnaire
These are the questions that have been made out of the local issues Demoracy Club volunteers have posted. They'll make up the 'local' section of a questionnaire that TheyWorkForYou is developing in conjunction with Demoracy Club. Below the question is the local issue it's derived from.
Do you agree that ... ?
- The Government should pay the promised £188m for Blackpool and The Fylde College to fund its new development plans. (source)
Based on issue: £188m college plans lie in ruins (source)
- The gas reservoir near the river Wyre is essential for the area and should be developed. (source)
Based on issue: The gas reservoir is essential for the area (source)