Hampstead and Kilburn
There are 48 volunteers here.
Recent activity in Hampstead and Kilburn
kerstin completed Research more local issues May 08
kerstin posted an issue May 08
There are no council gyms/swimming pools that camden residents can use in my area. add your issue
Manar started Spread The Word May 06
kim started Spread The Word May 04
andrew completed Ask your candidates to answer our survey Apr 30
Liz completed Research more local issues Apr 29
Liz posted an issue Apr 29
There are no really good Secondary Schools in the area - this needs addressing urgently add your issue
Lisa completed Ask your candidates to answer our survey Apr 29
paul completed Photograph an election leaflet Apr 28
paul posted a leaflet on TheStraightChoice Apr 28
Hampstead and Kilburn discussion
- clive ghraham-ranger
- and 33 more
Local issues in Hampstead and Kilburn
We're collecting local issues in Hampstead and Kilburn. Some of these have been turned into questions to put to the candidates standing at the 2010 general election in the form of a questionnaire.
Issues are no longer being turned into questions, but we still want them! A good local issue will be about a problem of local relevance, possibly suggesting how something should have been/be done.
- more council housing for the young in Hampstead and Kilburn
- insist on multicultural schools like rotherfield in islington employ a representative staff or at least one token nonwhite teacher
- stop racial profiling by employers recruitmet agencies and of course police stop and searches
- the nhs is a shambles.
- the jubilee line shouldn't be shut so many weekends
- Tesco delivery trucks causing traffic chaos on West End Lane
- the proliferation of betting shops in Kilburn is inappropriate and bad for the local economy
- there are too many dog owners who do not clean up after their dogs mess in the street. It is disgusting. There must be a way of identifying and punishing the offenders and also stopping this happening
- There are no really good Secondary Schools in the area - this needs addressing urgently
- There are no council gyms/swimming pools that camden residents can use in my area.
Local questions for candidate questionnaire
These are the questions that have been made out of the local issues Demoracy Club volunteers have posted. They'll make up the 'local' section of a questionnaire that TheyWorkForYou is developing in conjunction with Demoracy Club. Below the question is the local issue it's derived from.
Do you agree that ... ?
- There should be an increase of council housing specifically for the young in Hampstead and Kilburn.
Based on issue: more council housing for the young in Hampstead and Kilburn
- The Jubilee Line should be protected from more than one weekend closure per month.
Based on issue: the jubilee line shouldn't be shut so many weekends